Friday, February 1, 2008

THAT IS THE STATEMENT SHE UTTERED

Another one of the little doofy things about IB that makes you go "Oh, yeah, we're international" is the realization that whoever called our spoken exams "orals" obviously does not have English as a first language. Hello, innuendo? The following were all said by me and my classmates today:

I hope I get someone good for my oral!

It makes me so nervous that they're taping our orals.

These orals, they're so long and so hard!

The other person kept making weird faces during my oral.

I think she really liked my oral!

It got really good at the end/the ending was great.

I was up all night working on my oral!

My mouth kept getting all dry.

Man that was rough!

Thanks for all the tips on how you do your oral, Sal!

I kept getting so lost.

I went too fast with my oral.

(And I can remember that there were a few other hilarious ones that I've forgotten.)

We are the "Best and Brightest Minds" of our generation. We are future leaders, future revolutionaries, future politicians, future doctors, future engineers, future lawyers, future artists - HAHAHAH THE INTEGRAL OF E TO THE X HAHAHAHA - what was I saying?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been practicing for our orals all week!

Our teachers had to shoe us how to do our orals.

I was afraid I wasn't going to finish, but it turns out that time went really quick.

Why are you making that face? I'm trying not to use my teeth

Anonymous said...

:D ohhh, IB kids.

thank God you showed me how to do orals, Sal.

Companionable Ills said...

haha lua, nice. thanks for those, I'd forgotten.

Anonymous said...

It's funny because when I was telling all my "regular" friends about the sheer terror that was the IB Oral, I'd follow the word "oral" with "commentary". Not that it made it any better, because they'd still be like "tehee...you said orals!"

*sigh*
You forgot to mention the lack of sanity after we had all completed our orals...as exemplified by a certain someone's encounter with the chair. nahahahah

Anonymous said...

excuse me!
if you're going to use MY material, i'd like some credit. thank you.

for everyone's information: i thanked sal for her tips on the oral.

note: i may not have been the only one.

Monica said...

In math the other day we were doing power series and discussing when we were ever going to have to use this stuff and Boy1 said something along the lines of: "You never know when you're gonna have to find the radius of convergence of Boy2." Boy2 said, "I have an infinite radius of convergence." Boy1 replied with, "Yeah, Boy2, you converge at one inch."
Class: hahahasnickergigglehahaguffaw

Anonymous said...

AHAHHAHAHAH.
Calc jokes are the best. It's so easy to manipulate equations and terms to suit our immature needs.
I love us.

Monica said...

that's the story i was trying to tell you the other day, nahid, but forgot. lol.