Monday, October 15, 2007

IB Arts & Crafts

Remember this post about the Psych in-class project? Well Roi and I teamed up again for a stunningly apathetic and mediocre take on a Spanish origami assignment. We're learning imperatives (commands), so Spanish Teacher had us get with partners and give each other directions for origami penguins and fish. Our penguin came out relatively alright considering it's the lamest origami design ever (it's really only recognizable because we decorated it); except that we did it backwards so it doesn't have wings. The fish, on the other hand, is totally wrong. We gave up on the Spanish instructions (which Rubix later pointed out were the same as the penguin with one variation) and improvised our own idea of an origami fish, then drew on it so it looked kinda-sorta-maybe-a-little-bit like a fish. I should have taken a photo of Meg and Geo's perfectly done one. We were supposed to write something about the imperative tense on ours. On the fish I wrote "El imperativo es en la tercera persona" ("the imperative is in the third person" - that's what ST said but I learned that in English Lit, saying "you..." is second person. Whatever. Feel free to comment and explain.) On the penguin Roi wrote "Mi nombre es Margarita." ("My name is Margarita." Has nothing to do with the imperative.) I don't think they were graded. Haha.



Margarita the penguin, chilling with my waterbottle and ST's boombox that she uses to play "Gasolina" for us.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I think what they mean when they say imperativo es en la tercera persona es que you have to conjugate the verb into what is normally tercera persona (hablar -> habla) to get the mandato. So it sounds like third person even though it's not really.

You probably knew that.

Estoy triste que I never got to do that assignment pfft. Pero I love you mucho.

Espangles is my favorite, fyi.

Anonymous said...

that is the most gangster penguin i've ever seen.

did you see kgan's fish/penguin? it was a fish on one side, penguin on the other. also gangster.

the tortures of being in IB Spanish 7-8 SL B with ST.

:D

Anonymous said...

I have to be honest and bring up the spectacular design of one of the penguins being a perfect square with a tiny beak in the upper corner. Clearly creativity is our forte.
baha.