Monday, August 20, 2007

IB Kids Use Their Powers For Evil

IB kids are intuitive, quick, and intelligent.

Sometimes we use our powers for evil.

HT is talking about the Monroe Doctrine when I accidentally knock everything on my desk to the floor. (You’ll notice most events in my life - or at least history class - center around my clumsiness.) The crash catches HT’s attention (and that of the entire class), so he decides to ask me to explain what the Roosevelt Corollary was. Some jerk says “Oh, that’s easy!” - except that I didn’t crack open a history book all summer. I have an idea but am not sure it's right; and I don't want to get it wrong after the remark and having just embarassed myself. I give Roi a quick wide-eyed “I don’t know!” look and she shrugs – she doesn’t remember either and can’t help me. I decide to try and buy some time by picking my stuff up off the floor. Roi takes the cue and runs with it. She mentions me falling out of my desk two days ago; somehow, HT managed to miss it. Roi is telling about that and how I fell off a chair at Meg’s house once. Now everyone is paying attention to her, laughing, and I’m on the floor looking up the Roosevelt Corollary in the textbook. I find it (turns out my original guess was right…), sit back in my desk – without falling! – and Roi immediately turns center stage back to me. I answer correctly, look smart, and HT continues with his lecture.

Muahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quotes of the Week:

"Sushi is not vegetables."

"Sorry, I didn't hear you; my earlobes were in my ears."

"Are Jose and Josefina Schmo on their little farm going to modernize? No."

1 comment:

Monica said...

Ahahahaha.
I had no idea that's what was going on there.
You two are good. Props.